Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Trick or Treat

Hello everyone,

The theme this week is Cats and Bats, and since everybody else has been posting about bats, I decided to make a card with a lovely, scary cat.

I have been taking an online class given by Jennifer McGuire named Inspiration Showcase so I decided to use one of the techniques she has been focusing on, which is resist stamping.

If you look in the upper left corner of the card, you can see the word Boo. I did this by using Versamark ink to stamp on to my card base. I then used my Inkssentials foam applicators and Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Shabby Shutters and Dusty Concord) to blend in from the top left and bottom right corners of the card.


I cut the cat shape with my Silhouette after purchasing the shape in the Silhouette store.

I used a Basic Grey rub on to add the words "trick or treat" to the card.

The card base is cut from one of the papers from the Authentique Glowing collection. 
I hope you enjoy this card. Please post your own card in our Challenges section and come back tomorrow for more great ideas!!!

3 comments:

  1. Nice card it really takes a life of it's own done this way. Thanks for sharing it with us and the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Karin! Great technique. Didn't know I was playing along with you in the I.S.!! Fun class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been able to watch all the videos in the class yet, but what I've seen has been great!! I went and bought my 12 x 12 canvas yesterday :))

    ReplyDelete