Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Christmas Animal Card






Hello Card Makers!
I'm Terri, from Rambling Of Texas Craft Room. I will be your guest designer today.
 
 Im so glad you stopped by to see the new card I made. The theme today is Christmas Animals. Of course the first Christmas animal I thought of was our red nose friend, Rudolph.
 
Last week I bought my first Imagine cartridge, even though I do not own an Imagine machine. With my Cricut Expression, I can cut the images that are on the Imagine cartridges. I just cant print any of them. 
 
When I was at Hobby Lobby last week they had 5 Imagine cards marked down to $10. So I got 2 of them.  The others looked to be pattern paper Carts. I would not be able to use any cuts from those carts. So i passed them up.
The cute little Reindeer I made for the front of my card came from that cartridge.
The reindeer and the blanket  were cut at  3 inches. The bird I thought was to small at 3 inches. So I recut it at 3.5. The back ground paper came from last years  UNDER THE TREE Premium Scrapbook kit papers. The sentiment came from that 12x12 stack too.
I know you wont be able to tell by this picture but the deer and bird are popped up with foam tape. The bird was cut with some glitter paper.  I used 2 red wooden buttons from my stash for the sentiment. the bling for his eye and nose was a pearl I recolored with my Bic markers. The blanket was to be cut with some fringe. However it cut so small my cricut kept ripping it. So I trimmed off the fringe and glued the blanket to some white card stock.I cut around the blanket (slightly bigger than the blanket) and re cut the fringe. I know it hard to see in the picture.

Thank you for stopping by. Tomorrow Laury has another great card for you.

I was running late late today  getting this post up. So I did not have time to repost this card on my regular Blog. I hope the directions I gave you here will help you make this cute little card. if you have any questions please email me at Sugarlite02@aol.com
Thank you again for stopping by. If you get a chance stop by my blog
www.ramblingsofatexascraftroom.blogspot.com  I always have cards posted there.
Happy Crafting in 2012
Terri

1 comment:

  1. Cool card and a good buy on the cartridges. Wish they were that price in my area, oh well....

    ReplyDelete