Monday, April 15, 2013

Mother’s Day

This past weekend I was camping to celebrate my birthday. Had a wonderful time, but knew I had to do this card for the Card a Day Blog. I thought it would be a great opportunity to remind everyone that you can do a neat card with just a few items…. that and the fact I did not have a lot of room to pack lots of crafting stuff!
I made this card with a white piece of cardstock, approximately a 5 inch square piece of colored cardstock, silver felt pens, and some dimensional glue (colored) that I had, as well as a regular gel ink pen.  The phrase I wrote on the background was “the ribbons of your love encircle my heart”. It was an anonymous phrase I got off of  quotegarden.com… and only now I realize that I did the quote wrong! It was supposed to be “the ribbons of your love are woven around my heart”!  Oh well, the meaning to me is the same.
The tag was cut out of a piece of white cardstock (I used a box to help make the template), then decorated with silver markers, glue and regular pen… glued on top of the written card base - simple!
Enjoy, and remember to challenge yourself to do a card with less, not more!
Photo 2013-04-14 12 10 18 PM
Now that I'm back from camping, visit my blog at Gardens Crafts 'n' More to see what else I've been up too! I know I'm going to be posting another card in a week, and lots of garden pictures to inspire you!
Join us in our April Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment